Window blinds are often one of the most neglected areas of our homes when it comes to cleaning. Whether it is a matter of not knowing the best cleaning method or simply forgetfulness, cleaning blinds can seem like a tedious task. Fortunately, there are several tricks you can use to make cleaning your blinds easy.
- Use your vacuum’s brush attachment: The next time you vacuum, fasten the brush attachment and vacuum your blinds as well. Close your blinds so they align together neatly and vacuum from side to side to prevent dust from falling to the floor.
- Use a damp cloth: Using a dry duster on your blinds will cause a lot of the dust to circulate into your home’s air. Instead, use a lightly dampened rag, cloth, or sponge and wipe your blinds. Pre-packaged cleaning wipes are also effective for this use. If your blinds are still damp after wiping them, use a dry cloth to remove any remaining moisture.
- Use the hose or bathtub: If you have metal or vinyl blinds which are able to handle excess moisture, the easiest way to clean them is to take them off their hinges and spray them down with a hose outside. You can also soak them in the bathtub with soapy water or a solution of vinegar and water. Once they are cleaned, wipe them down with a rag and lay them on a towel to dry.
- Dry cleaning: An often overlooked but effective option for fabric blinds is to take them to a professional dry cleaner for a deep cleaning. If you only need to spot clean your fabric blinds, use a lightly-dampened sponge and dab at stains instead of rubbing.
- Use fabric softener sheets: After cleaning your blinds, give them a good wipe down with a dryer sheet. This will create a barrier of static electricity that will repel dust and help them stay clean longer, as well as leave a pleasant scent. If you clean your blinds often, you can even use a dryer sheet for the actual cleaning instead of a sponge or cloth.
Need to have your home or business professionally cleaned? Turn to the team of skilled and friendly Manassas home cleaning experts at Elite Cleaning Services, LLC for the services you need. Backed by more than 15 years of industry experience, we can provide the beautiful results you need at a time that is best for you.Dial (888) 627-1497 or complete an online form today to schedule a service.