While stainless steel appliances can provide a sleek and modern aesthetic to any home’s kitchen, this material can also be notoriously difficult to keep clean, especially in regards to water spots. Stainless steel dishwashers, ranges, and refrigerators equipped with ice and water dispensers can develop stubborn water spots from regular use which can seem nearly impossible to wipe away with normal cleaning methods. Fortunately, these unsightly spots can be eliminated with a simple household ingredient: olive oil.
To remove water spots from your appliances and restore their like-new shine, follow these easy steps:
- Fold a paper towel in fourths and pour about a quarter-sized amount of olive oil on the towel. Be sure to rub the oil into the towel so it doesn’t just pool on top.
- Begin at the top of your appliance and gently wipe any water spots you see from left to right or with the grain of the stainless steel.
- Wipe away any excess olive oil with a clean paper towel.
- Use a microfiber cloth to buff away any remaining spots
- If your refrigerator’s drip tray has developed hard water and mineral deposits over time, soak a paper towel in white vinegar and place it over the tray. After about a half an hour, you should be able to wipe away the buildup with ease!
Let Us Do the Cleaning for You – Call (888) 627-1497
At Elite Cleaning Services, LLC, our trusted and professional team of Manassas home cleaners have more than 15 years of experience providing top-rated cleaning services to homeowners and businesses throughout the DMV area. With flexible cleaning schedules and a dedication to customer satisfaction, we can provide the professional and friendly cleaning services you need at an affordable price.Complete an online form today to schedule a complimentary consultation!