Let’s face it – very few people take joy in performing household chores. While many people make an effort to keep their homes clean and tidy, the sight of an overflowing sink filled with dirty dishes or a pile of dirty laundry rarely elicits feelings of joy. But did you know that keeping a clean house can actually benefit your physical and mental health?
The next time you are looking for motivation to bust out the vacuum cleaner, be sure to keep in mind the following health benefits of a clean house:
- Cleaning promotes exercise: While many people may not realize it, cleaning your house is actually great exercise. The average person burns about 200 calories per hour while cleaning their homes, with more intensive chores burning calories even faster. Likewise, having a clean house subconsciously promotes even more exercise, helping you lose weight, have more energy, and overall improve your health.
- Making your bed can improve your sleep: According to the National Sleep Foundation, making your bed daily can boost your chances of having a restful night’s sleep by up to 19%, with 75% of people reporting that they sleep better on clean sheets.
- Less clutter leads to better eating habits: According to the journal Psychological Science, clutter can indirectly lead to poor dietary choices and weight gain over time. When comparing workers who work in a cluttered space versus those who worked in an organized area, researchers found that workers in neat spaces were more than two times as likely to eat an apple instead of a candy bar as a snack after just 10 minutes of work. The same principle applies in the home.
- Washing dishes is good for the mind: Researchers at Florida State University discovered that washing dishes by hand can be an excellent opportunity for mental relaxation and meditation, with study participants reporting lower stress levels and stronger immune systems than those who skip dishwashing.
- Cleaning can reduce anger: Feeling frustrated or angry? Pick up a duster and go to work. Cleaning can be a positive outlet for releasing tension which allows you to channel your emotions into something productive. Taking 10 minutes to perform a household chore such as folding laundry or vacuuming can help to calm your mind and combat irrational thoughts associated with anger.
Reap the Benefits of a Clean Home Today – Dial (888) 627-1497
Want to enjoy the health benefits of a tidy house but don’t have the time or energy to clean? Turn to the Manassas house cleaners at Elite Cleaning Services, LLC. With flexible cleaning schedules and more than 15 years of experience, we can provide the custom-tailored cleaning services you need at a price you can afford.Complete an online form to start enjoying a clean home today!