As much as we enjoy the outdoor fun of summertime, it is not uncommon for homeowners to be left feeling like it is impossible to keep their home clean during this time of year. With children home from school, summer activities that bring the outdoors inside, and tight schedules limiting your available time to clean, you may be feeling that your efforts to keep things tidy are moot. Fortunately, there are several things you can do to keep the messes at bay and maintain a spotless home during the summer months.
- Set and enforce rules: While having the kids home from school can be an excellent bonding opportunity, we all know that kids have a habit of leaving a trail of messes behind them. To minimize your chances of constantly being on kid clean-up duty, be sure to establish a list of summer rules. Taking off shoes while indoors, putting away toys before playing with another one, and washing hands after playing outside are all excellent rules that can instill clean habits and reduce your cleaning workload.
- Start small: It is not uncommon for a seemingly small detail to have a large impact on the overall cleanliness of your home. For example, an unmade bed can make an otherwise clean bedroom look messy. Start small by focusing on cleaning your home’s most noticeable features and work your way outward. You’ll be surprised how well performing simple tasks such as making beds or cleaning sinks can make your home look and feel cleaner.
- Control clutter: Clutter is one of the greatest contributing factors to a messy home. Putting away unused items and making sure everything is in its’ correct place can keep your home organized and visually pleasing.
- Age-appropriate chores: Give your kids daily cleaning duties to help minimize your workload and encourage clean habits. Assigning responsibilities such as taking out the trash or loading/unloading the dishwasher can encourage your kids to clean up after themselves and teach responsibility. You can even use rewards such as extra playtime or a trip for their favorite treat as incentives.
- Spend time out of the house: The summer months are for fun – don’t spend them cooped up inside! Eating outside, taking day trips, and visiting parks are not only great opportunities to enjoy the outdoors, but they also minimize the number of messes you’ll have to clean.
Hate Summer Cleaning? Call Elite Cleaning Services, LLC
At Elite Cleaning Services, LLC, our Manassas house cleaning specialists provide top-quality maid services for homes of all sizes. Whether you need summer vacation rental cleaning or a one-time service, we can provide a customized cleaning solution that meets your needs and budget.Dial (888) 627-1497 today to schedule a free consultation.