Due to the introduction and rapid growth of websites such as Airbnb and FlipKey, short-term rental vacation homes have become a popular alternative for travelers over traditional hotels and motels. With that being said, short-term vacation homes that are not thoroughly cleaned after each tenant’s stay can cause them to gain a poor reputation online and drive away future bookings. If you own a vacation rental home, the following tips can help you eliminate cleanliness complaints and leave a lasting impression on your guests.
- Check for cobwebs and dust: Clear dust bunnies and cobwebs from every nook and cranny, including on the tops of doors, the cables and wiring behind televisions, and underneath bookshelves.
- Leave concierge-like welcoming touches: Small details such as handwritten welcoming notes, chilled bottles of wine, and perfectly folded bed linens can stand out to a guest and make them feel at home. Get creative!
- Clearing sinks and drains of hair: The last thing a guest wants to see upon arrival is hair from the previous tenants on the floors and in the shower. Make a habit of always cleaning these areas after every visitor.
- Clear the fridge: One of the grossest things for a new guest to find is the previous tenant’s rotting leftovers in the refrigerator. Always make a point to check the refrigerator and make sure it is clean and clear before new visitors arrive.
- Stock the home with consumables: Always check to make sure your home is kept stocked with consumable goods, including bathroom tissue, paper towels, napkins, disposable cutlery, coffee filters, trash bags, and cleaning supplies.
Leave the Cleaning to Us – Call (888) 627-1497
Own a vacation rental home in the Manassas, D.C., or Bethesda areas? Our skilled team of professional cleaners can provide the reliable and quality vacation rental cleaning services you need to keep your home spotless and attract more guests.Contact us online today to find out more about our services!